Paper is one of the most easily available decorative resources, offering prolific creative use. Making ornamental flowers has been one of its most popular applications. You can enhance your decor with a variety of designs and striking bold range of colors. All we need is a little imagination and skill to turn out an aesthetically pleasing paper craft. With Christmas being round the corner, let us try out the steps given below to design our own easy to make flowers, which will last longer without costing much.
Things you need:
1. Glaze paper sheets - red & green
4. Stick or straw
5. Cotton ball
6. Tissue paper - white
7. Clear tape
8. Floral tape
9. Green ribbon
10. Paint color - brown
11. Colored pencil
12. Floral perfume
13. Transparent flask/vase
14. Small pearls - white
Procedure for making Christmas paper flowers:
• Covering Stick: Take a stick and cover it with green glaze paper. Let it dry.
• Bow: Cover the stick with green ribbon, while also making a bow with it.
• Head of the stick: Take cotton ball and place it at the centre of a piece of tissue paper measuring about 2"X 2".
• Cotton ball: Squeeze the tissue paper and place it at the top of the stick with the help of clear tape.
• Pasting pearls: Glue small pearls on the cotton ball.
• Baseboard: Take a small cardboard piece and cut it in round shape with a diameter of 2". Make a hole at the centre of the board.
• Attaching stick: Paste the board with the stick in a way that the cotton ball comes out from the hole in the cardboard.
• Repeating: Make such 4 pieces.
• Drawing petals: Take a red glaze paper and draw petals on it with the help of colored pencil.
• Making petals: Place 2-3 glaze papers below the above drawn sheet. Ensure that all the edges are at the same point. Now, use scissors to cut the papers together, as per the drawn shapes.
• Pasting petals: At the edge of the circular cardboard, paste the petals one by one in a round arrangement. Cover the complete board cutout similarly.
• Decorating the petals: Decorate the corners of the petal with golden sparkle.
• Perfumes: Spray some floral perfume on the flower.
• Repetition: Repeat this procedure to make four more such pieces.
• Tying flower: After making the entire bouquet, tie the flowers with the help of red and golden ribbon, while making a bow out of it.
• Placing flower: Put your paper flowers in a transparent vase.
1. Try making peculiar flowers for uniqueness.
2. Spray the perfume from a distance for a wider spread.
3. More layers of petals enhance the beauty of flowers.